Coronavirus – COVID-19
Coronavirus – COVID-19
Wishes Family Travel official statement
As of March 9, 2020, Updated March 12, 2020
- Do you or a member of your immediate personal circle, have an underlying medical conditions that, according the medical professionals, places them at a higher risk of severe outcome if they contract this virus?
- What is the travel provider providing in the way of extra protection? ie additional hand washing stations at theme parks; more strenuous and frequent cleaning.
- What would the ramifications be if you or a member of your family were forced into a 14+ day self quarantine after you return from your travel?
- What are the financial ramifications of changing dates or canceling? Does that matter?
- What is the CDC, US State Department, your local state county and city saying about travel and quarantine? Are there alerts posted for your destination or method of transportation?
Here are some helpful facts / links to assist you with making those decisions:
- CDC is updating every day the status of the outbreak. This is the link to the summary page. There is so much useful information available on this website. Please see the Travel Information section for specifics to travelers. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html
- State Department website also has VITAL information for travelers. This page https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/novel-coronavirus-hubei-province–china.html is specifically about the Coronavirus outbreak and their recommendations.
- State Department official Travel Advisories can be located here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories.html/
- Travel Insurance and Individual Travel Supplier policies will all be different. You will need to check your terms and conditions and the specific insurance policy to see what the financial ramifications will be of changing or cancelling your travel plans. Your agent is not an insurance broker. She can only answer surface questions. Specific coverage questions should be directed to the insurance company directly.
- If you will be issued any sort of refund, it can take several weeks for you to see that on your credit card statement.
- Some Cruise lines have altered their normal change / cancellation policies. They have also implemented more stringent screening processes, etc. Please see their sites directly for specific information.