Things to Know When Planning a Disney Cruise!
By: Anna Trosper
You have taken the first step and have decided to go on a Disney Cruise. Now, how do you pick what cruise destination to go on? Disney has four ships in their fleet: the Disney Dream, the Disney Wonder, the Disney Magic and the Disney Fantasy. And each offers several itineraries to choose from, making it easy to feel a little overwhelmed when it comes to choosing only one. This is where I come in to help. As your Wishes Family Travel agent, I will get to know your likes and dislikes and your wants and needs. I will help you find the right cruise for your trip!
Here are a few things to think about when picking a Disney Cruise for your trip.
- Where do you want to go? That sounds easy right? Well it can be but with all the great itineraries to choose from this also can become a challenge. What is your main objective? Are you looking to escape to warmer weather? Or maybe you would like to discover the beauty of Alaska? Maybe you are thinking of something international? Whatever your travel goal is, I can help match it to the perfect itinerary.
- When do you want to go? That is a big question. This also depends on where you want to go. Do you want to go to the Bahamas during hurricane season? Not so much. I will help you pick the best time of year for the destination you want to visit.
- Choose the itinerary. So, you say you want to go to the Caribbean. Great! But where to? Do you know how many islands make up the Caribbean? Disney has many itineraries to choose from. We can go over them all and find the right one for you.
- Choose a Departing Port. This kind of goes along with number three, but it is important to mention. You may live close to a port and that is your first criteria. Choosing a port is important for many reasons, but most important is cost. How much is it going to cost to get there? While, in my opinion, the southern Caribbean itineraries are more exciting than maybe the Bahamas, for example, but it is also much, much, MUCH more expensive to get there. It is more affordable to get my family to Port Canaveral versus getting them to the Port of San Juan. So, make sure you take into consideration your departing port when choosing your cruise.
- Which Disney cruise ship do you want to sail on?If you are like me, you may not care, but to some this is the most important aspect of taking a Disney cruise. Each ship offers something different. If you are one of those who absolutely MUST sail on the Disney Dream, THIS needs to be your first step. The ships in the Disney fleet only sail certain routes during specific times of the year. Also note that not all ships travel to all destinations. If your vacation bliss depends on sailing a specific ship, make sure you begin your travel planning with that ship in mind.
So, as you see there is a lot that goes into planning and booking a Disney Cruise. I would be very happy to help you with any and all of your questions. This only covers selecting and booking your cruise. I will then help you with all the other planning and fun that goes along with rest of a Disney Cruise experience. For a no obligation, FREE Quote call me at: 1(817)304-0326 or you can fill out the quote request form by Clicking HERE!
I look forward to helping you plan a very magical vacation!