Why I love the Contemporary
Everyone knows Disney’s Contemporary Resort as the “hotel that the monorail runs through.” That’s about all I used to think of when someone mentioned this deluxe-category Walt Disney World Resort. To be honest, I used to think of The Contemporary as some place that I didn’t particularly want to stay. Yes, it’s a luxurious deluxe resort. Yes, it’s awesome that the monorail runs through it. But from the outside it felt too modern for me and I was skeptical that it would provide the magical Disney feel that I love to experience.
Last year on a whim, my family decided to stay one night at The Contemporary at the end of our vacation. We were having trouble finding decent flight prices for the day we were supposed to depart, and we found that it was more economical to add on one night at The Contemporary and fly out the next day when the airfare was cheaper.
So, what did I think of my stay there? I think you can tell by the title of this post. It was amazing! It was so amazing that I can now write an entire blog, listing the reasons why I love it, and why I think you would too. Here I will list my top 5 reasons, and if you want to know more I would be happy to chat with you!
- Convenience – As I mentioned, the monorail runs right through this resort, meaning that once you leave your room it’s a matter of minutes before you are on your way to the Magic Kingdom or Epcot. You can also take the monorail to The Polynesian Resort and The Grand Floridian. These two neighboring resorts have great restaurants to offer as well as beautiful sites to see. In addition to the monorail, did you know that you can WALK to Magic Kingdom from The Contemporary? You can skip the transportation all together and be there in a jiffy! Amazing, right!?
- The Views– We stayed in a theme-park view room and the views were spectacular. We sat on the balcony and watched Hallowishes (Magic Kingdom’s Halloween Fireworks) at 10 pm while our kiddos were sound asleep inside. When the fireworks were over, we didn’t wait in line to board a bus back to our resort. We opened the sliding door, stepped inside and climbed into bed! You can also stay in a lake-view room with gorgeous views of the water.
- The Room – Talk about spacious! We stayed in this room with 3 adults and 3 children and it never felt crowded. Even when we had TWO pack and plays set up we could still move around the room. The room includes two queen beds and a day bed. The style is modern, chic, and very clean. The bathroom had a separate area with the toilet and shower, allowing for some privacy while others are getting ready at the sink. The size and comfort of the room was probably my biggest surprise during my stay at The Contemporary.
- The Food – The Contemporary Resort is home to some of the best restaurants that Disney World has to offer. Here you will find Chef Mickey’s, one of the most popular character dining experiences on property. My favorite restaurant of all time, California Grill, is located on the highest floor of The Contemporary offering stunning views and mouthwatering cuisine. The California Grill is a great place to view the fireworks at Magic Kingdom. They pipe the music into the restaurant and also on the observation deck. As if these two restaurants aren’t great enough, The Contemporary also features The Wave. I have not had the opportunity to dine in this restaurant yet, but I hear very good things about it. The quick-service spot at this resort is called The Contempo Café. Here you will find delicious entrees, flatbreads, gourmet sandwiches, and more! I can tell you from experience, the food here is top-notch!
- The History – The Contemporary Resort is one of the two original resorts at Walt Disney World. The A-shaped frame of the building was constructed first. The rooms were constructed offsite, then transported to the site where they were slid into the frame. It’s quite fascinating!
There you have it! Five reasons to love The Contemporary Resort. If you’d like to book a vacation at this resort or any of the Disney properties, I’d love to hear from you! Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org